Now-a-days almost every organization depends on e-mailing system as communication medium, and even it is not only used for communication, but also acts as an identity of an employee/user. Along with easy communication emails convey lots of confidential data, the mailing system of an organization is sometimes preferred to be managed and administered by its in-house resources. In addition of deploying secured and healthy mail server, a mail gateway server is needed to protect the mail server against all email threats from the outside world. It protects the users from spam, viruses, phishing, trojans and similar other malwares. On the other hand Domain name system (DNS) is the backbone of the Internet and is used to translate easy-to-memorize domain names into their corresponding IP addresses which paves the way to identify and locate computer systems and resources on the Internet.
The proposed training will focus on deploying industry standard mailing system using postfix, dovecot and roundcube. The training will also highlight the configuration of protection of the mail server using PMG (Proxmox Mail Gateway). Moreover, this training will further focus on setting up DNS servers for a domain using BIND 9, and will demonstrate DNS Security Extension (DNSSEC), how they work and how to prevent attackers from manipulation or poisoning DNS requests.
Modality of Training:
- Mahedi Hasan, Network Engineer, ICT Cell, University of Dhaka.
- Jamilur Rahman, Network Engineer, BdREN.
- Mahadi Hasan Tultul, Assistant Hardware Engineer, ICT Cell, Sylhet Agricultural University.
At the end of this training, the participants will be able to:
- Deploy an industry-standard mailing system.
- Set up advanced methods (SPF, DKIM, ADSP, DMARC) for enhancing email delivery and security.
- Be aware of major security concerns in time of setting up the mailing system.
- Ensure security of the mailing system by deploying PMG which is the leading open-source email security solution helping organizations of any size from anti-spam and anti-virus facility.
- Implement clustered (master/slave) DNS server with DNSSEC enabled.
- Network Engineers or ICT Personnel from BdREN Member Institutes
- Graduate Engineer in ICT related Subject or Diploma with minimum 5 (five) years of working experience in Linux/Server Administration
- Female candidates will get preferences
- Solid knowledge in Linux Environment is a must.
- Participants need to bring their own Laptop
- The trainees need to register themselves online. Qualified candidates will be shortlisted. If number of shortlisted candidates exceeds the maximum number of trainees, competitive exams will be taken to select the final participants.
Perks and Benefits:
- The successful candidates will get a digital certificate to be verified online through printed QR code.
- The top-standing candidates will be rewarded with attractive awards.
- The top-standing candidates will be preferred as a trainer for future trainings to be conducted by BdREN or for overseas training if such opportunity evolves.
Training Outlines: Click to view
You must log in and Complete your Profile before applying for the Training session. Without completion of your profile, your application may get declined
Bookings are closed for this event.