From the onset of global pandemic and after its subsidence, video conferencing has become an integral part of our day-to-day life. Whether in official meetings or online learning, it has been proven to be a reliable platform of delivery and exchange of views and knowledge.
Among all the video collaboration tools Zoom has been graded as a top-notch application, if not the champion of all. Through its unique architecture in allowing the deployment of multimedia routers and zone controllers on-premises, Zoom has been able to conduct meetings with the best quality of services and with flexible features.
It is to be mentioned that under facilitating Distance Learning using Digital Conferencing facility [fDLuDCf] allocated by Asi@Connect BdREN installed Zoom Services in its Data Center and distributed 15,000 licenses among the faculty members of both public and private university. After the expiry of the said project a follow-up project is allocated by Asi@Connect with added features of delivery of servers and capacity development of network engineers and focusing on women empowerment.
This capacity development program planned under BeLISAC project will focus on how to deploy, configure and manage Zoom MMRs and Zone Controller servers on open-source hypervisors like Proxmox virtual environment. The training will also highlight the security and monitoring of such servers and demonstrate the architecture and administration of Zoom and its users.
Modality and Duration of Training:
- 5 days of hands-on training at BdREN
- Saima Hossain Faria, Network Engineer, BeLISAC project, BdREN
- Abu Naser Md. Nafew, Network Engineer, BdREN
At the end of this training, the participants will have/will be able to:
- Basic knowledge of virtualization technology and its features.
- Deep understanding about architecture and functionalities of Proxmox virtualization environment.
- Implement Proxmox clusters and virtual machines.
- Deploy industry-standard on-prem Zoom Zone Controllers (ZC) and Multi-Media Routers (MMR).
- Administer Zoom servers and Zoom users.
- Engineers, Server Administrators or ICT Personnel from BdREN Member Institutes preferably having graduation in any field of Engineering.
- Female candidates will get preferences.
- Basic knowledge of Linux Environment is a must.
- Participants need to bring their own Laptop for the training program.
- The trainees need to register themselves online. Qualified candidates will be shortlisted. If number of shortlisted candidates exceeds the maximum number of allocated positions for trainees, competitive exams will be taken online to select the final participants.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upon successful completion of the 5 days training, the participants will be renumerated with 70 Euros [14 Euros/day x 5 days].
- Lunch and Refreshment [twice a day] will be provided.
- A social dinner will be offered.
- The successful candidates will get a printed and a digital certificate.
- Three (3) top-standing candidates will get enticing rewards.
Bookings are closed for this event.